Diving is an industry increasing in popularity, though it is well known it is a hazardous activity, as there are many things that can go wrong. In spite of the inherent risks underwater, communications between divers and between divers and the surface are non-existent or primitive.
With a reliable wireless communications system such as Aqua Comm, it is possible to have a communications system for divers so that diving is made safer. This means the surface can keep track of the diver and send messages to other divers or send assistance should a diver get into trouble.
AquaComm could revolutionise the diving industry making it safer and more accessible to a wider audience. The industry also benefits from lower insurance and operational costs. Some of the applications that AquaComm can be used for in diving are:
- Communications with the surface and other divers
- Diver being able to send distress calls
- Diver recall and assistance provision
- Real-time instructions and data to divers carrying out complex underwater tasks such as on subsea oil rigs
- Diver tracking and sending position information to divers